- sstaffordwtecAsked on July 31, 2017 at 04:08 PM
how to customize the link to only show a certain page. If I want the approver just to be able to edit their own page instead of the whole form
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Change the Text of the Edit Link in Your Email Alerts
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 31, 2017 at 05:40 PM
You can achieve this by using Skip to page Conditions on your multiple pages form.
User guide: How-to-Skip-Pages-Using-Conditional-Logic
In your case, you will assign a code to the specific approver wherein they will only have access to the pages in the form that the code used was assigned with.
Simply put, different code provides different access to pages in the form. The Conditions will work in same manner even when the approver is in edit mode using the edit link.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- sstaffordwtecAnswered on July 31, 2017 at 06:43 PMHow do I assign a code to approver? For them to be able to edit only the page assigned to them?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 31, 2017 at 08:14 PM
The Approver will have to know first hand what code is assigned to them. You can do it via conditional email as well. This way they will be the only one that knows the specific code.
User guide: How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-User-s-Answer
I will create a demo form also. I'll be back shortly.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 31, 2017 at 08:32 PM
Please test my form https://www.jotformpro.com/72118021660950
To test, select a Dept and provide your actual email so that you can receive the approver code via your email.
Let us know if you have question on how it works.
- sstaffordwtecAnswered on August 01, 2017 at 09:43 AMThank you I am going to try it out.