- adminnvcocorgAsked on August 02, 2017 at 04:49 PM
I am creating a form for church members to give their contributions.
How can i add an option for the 2.5% credit card fees to be added to the amount that they give and how does it then get added to the amount that will show up on the pay pal page?
or if we choose to not make it an option, how can we add it to the amount given so that it shows up on the pay pal page?
Here is the link to the form:
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 02, 2017 at 06:47 PM
I am currently creating a demo form for you to check. I will be back as soon as possible.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 02, 2017 at 07:04 PM
Please follow the steps below to setup your form as you require.
1. First, you need to add Number fields which will be able to handle your calculations and conditions. Let's call them:
- Initial Contribution- amount without the 2.3% fee.
- Computed Amount - amount with 2.3% fee if Yes is selected.
2. Set up conditions such that:
- If No is selected, Computed Amount = Initial Contribution
- If Yes is selected, Computed Amount = Initial Amount + (Initial Contribution * .023)
3. Add Form Calculation widget. Let's call it Initial Contribution + Fee.
Its purpose is simply to copy the value from Computed Amount. We need this field because apparently in the step below, PayPal allows copying of value from a Form Calculation field.
4. Copy the computed value from Form Calculation widget to PayPal field.
5. Finally, since the Computed Amount and Initial Contribution + Fee fields are just for computational purposes, you can hide them.