- fcfritasAsked on August 03, 2017 at 06:46 PM
Hi, I have configured the pay pal express widget in my form but its not working and it also says its a form problem and not the pay pal company.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 03, 2017 at 07:27 PM
I just checked the three forms you have in your account, and none of them have a PayPal Express payment field. Could you share the URL of the form you are referring to?
- fcfritasAnswered on August 04, 2017 at 09:44 AMOk here is the URL and an attachment pointing the field. The field is also
too short and doesn't`t show the hole number in the form. We can't see the
number. Also couldn't find any solution to make it get larger.
2017-08-03 20:27 GMT-03:00 JotForm :
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 04, 2017 at 11:09 AM
You can increase the width of your PayPal field by injecting this code:
width: 200px !important;
On regards of the PayPal error, is it still happening? If yes, please make sure that you API credentials are correct:
Let us know if you need more help.
- fcfritasAnswered on August 04, 2017 at 01:43 PMI had done the integration already and it did`t work. I`ll try again.
2017-08-04 12:09 GMT-03:00 JotForm :
- fcfritasAnswered on August 04, 2017 at 01:43 PMI tried to follow what you said and it didn't`t work. There`s still the
2017-08-04 13:45 GMT-03:00 Junior Arcoverde :
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on August 04, 2017 at 03:04 PM
I tested your form and I was able to replicate mentioned issue.
I inspected your form and I saw that payment field is set to sandbox mode. Are you using live API credentials or Test API credentials?
Inside of this guide, you can find how to test PayPal payment form:
Also, you have to make sure that you have enabled PayPal Express in your PayPal account. Please review this guide:
Hope this helps to solve the issue.
- fcfritasAnswered on August 04, 2017 at 03:44 PMThank you!!!
2017-08-04 16:04 GMT-03:00 JotForm :