- bellevuefineartAsked on August 18, 2012 at 03:15 PM
issue: 1) your own "ask a question" form or "contact us" form is horribly broken
2) We are experiencing massive issues with jotform. People submit files to us for printing using jotform and our dropbox account. But over the last week or two we're experiencing massive issues, where almost every submission comes in with no attached files. We just discovered that even though the files aren't in our dropbox, if we come to jotform, or click on the link in the email, the file will download. This means that the files are on the jotform website, but are not being transfered to our dropbox properly.
This is a serious issue for us as we've integrated jotform/dropbox into our workflow. We need to resolve this issue ASAP as it is making our clients angry and costing us time and frustration.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 18, 2012 at 04:15 PM
Is this happening for all files, or only for some of the files such as very large files?
If it has to do with all files, you should probably remove the dropbox integration and re-establish it in case there is a problem there.
If it is only happening for some files, please let me know what is the criteria? Is the file too large? Is the file has some special characters on the file name? etc.
- bellevuefineartAnswered on August 18, 2012 at 08:55 PM
Some of the files don't seem to be too large. I'm not sure why a file would upload to jotform successfully, but then not transfer to dropbox. When we open our dropbox folder, we see the folder of the person who sent the file, and the pdf file of the jotform, but no files. So jotform is getting everything just fine and the files are transferring to jotform.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 19, 2012 at 01:57 AM
I made a test by uploading an 80mb file to my form integrated with dropbox and I was able receive the file in my dropbox.
Usually, the bigger files submitted get delayed since it takes time for the file to get downloaded to your computer. Can you tell us the file size of the file that was uploaded?
- saderAnswered on August 19, 2012 at 02:01 AM
As per adviced by aytekin, I would suggest you to re-establish your dopbox integration and check well that you have accurately followed the dopbox integration procedure.
Please also check the status of your dopbox account and quota.
by testing the upload/download to dropbox outside of the jotform tool, and so make sure
if the issue is on our end or at dropbox's end.
Please keep me updated.