- hitarthtechAsked on August 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I tried to create a simple form with wysiwyg text area, but it is not working. it does not show up in preview nor by using embed code.
please suggest.Page URL:
- saderAnswered on August 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Would you please confirm what browser and version are you currently using.
- hitarthtechAnswered on August 19, 2012 at 12:59 PMHello,
I am using latest chrome browser.
- hitarthtechAnswered on August 19, 2012 at 01:02 PM
fyi: I am able to view editors on other websites
- AtacanCAnswered on August 19, 2012 at 03:46 PM
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Are you still experiencing the said issue?
- hitarthtechAnswered on August 21, 2012 at 08:38 AMYes. The issue remains.
Checked on all browsers.
- hitarthtechAnswered on August 21, 2012 at 08:48 AMProblem still remains. See attachment.* I do not see the editor.*
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 21, 2012 at 09:29 AM
Sorry for the confusion, but JotForm's Text Area tool can only generate a text-only field. We actually do not allow HTML/formatted text to be saved as a form submission, hence the lack of a WYSIWYG text editor tool.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 21, 2012 at 09:34 AM
I did not realize you were referring to the Free Text (HTML) tool. Unfortunately, that cannot be used to create a WYSIWYG editor. The Free Text (HTML) tool can only be used (by the form owner) for inserting HTML content on a form, such as HTML links, tables, images, etc.
I am afraid your only option is to have a Text Area field in your form to accept plain text information.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on May 06, 2013 at 08:36 AM
We have released Rich "WYSIWYG" Editor for text-area field. You can enable it under Text area field's properties toolbar or Text Area field's Properties.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on May 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Great idea but still not working as it should. I tried it on 2 browsers (cleared cache etc) and it doesn't display when WYSIWYG is enabled.
I've posted a note here:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 23, 2013 at 02:56 AM
Thanks for reporting. Your concern on that thread was already submitted to our dev team. We will provide you updates once it's fixed.
Thanks and Regards!