- John BillsAsked on August 08, 2017 at 10:05 AM
I created an application form for our organization. I have had one person fill out the application and when they hit the submit button, nothing happens. The script of the last question changed to something unreadable. I attempted to try one as well, to see if it was just the person not doing it correctly, but. it happened to me too. It will not submit the form. What is the problem? Thank you. JohnPage URL:
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 08, 2017 at 11:29 AM
I have tested your form and I noticed the same behavior you're reporting. The issue seems to be caused due to the encryption feature enabled.
I would suggest you to disable it in order to get your form submitted without any problem:
I will also report the issue to our second level so our developers can take a look on it, we will let you know as soon as we receive any update about it.
- Kurdistan2017Answered on August 08, 2017 at 11:44 AMHello. I disabled the encryption setting as you suggested. Tried to send the application again, nothing. Will not send. Now what? John Bills
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 08, 2017 at 12:20 PM
I have just tested your form and I was able to submit it, I also cleared your forms cache so the latest version of it will be loaded.
I would also recommend you to load your form using incognito mode, this link will help you getting incognito mode on your browser: http://www.wikihow.com/Activate-Incognito-Mode
Let us know how it goes.
- Kurdistan2017Answered on August 08, 2017 at 12:43 PMThe application finally went through with the encryption disabled. We would like to have an encryption on our applications. Can you let me know when you have the bugs worked out of it. Thanks. John Bills
- kutluAnswered on August 14, 2017 at 09:11 AM
The problem is fixed now.
Thanks for letting us know