- shirleyjAsked on August 09, 2017 at 11:04 AM
This was working on my forms but has suddenly stopped. The files appear to be attached to the email, but the files are empty and won't open.
This is a re-post of a comment on New Feature: Get Uploaded Files as Email Attachments
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 12:40 PM
Unfortunately, I was not able to replicate this issue on my end. I checked your account and I was able to download the uploaded files on the Submissions page and on the email alerts. Here's a screen capture:
May I know what email program are you using? It is possible that your email client is blocking the uploaded files.
Also, please go to the Submissions page and try downloading the uploaded files. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/269-How-to-View-Form-Submissions.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- shirleyjAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 01:43 PMJan, this “test form” that you were looking at is working correctly. It is the drag-and-drop file upload widget I am using on all of my other forms that is not working correctly. I apologize if I replied in an incorrect forum thread.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 02:15 PM
I will use this form (http://www.jotform.us/form/71243638646158) to test and try to replicate the issue. I will contact you again once I have an answer.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 02:36 PM
I did a test submission to your form and uploaded an image of JotForm. I was not able to replicate the issue when I downloaded the image of JotForm to your Submissions page. Here's a screen animation:
Could you please check your notification email if you receive the uploaded file and if you can open it?
We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.
- shirleyjAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 02:43 PMThe file can be opened if I click the link at the bottom of the notification email. That’s not the problem. I have the feature turned on so that uploaded files are sent as an attachment. That is where the problem is. The uploaded file that is sent as an email attachment cannot be opened. I’ve tried multiple file formats, and multiple file sizes. It worked for the longest time and then just suddenly stopped working. I am attaching one of the notification emails that I receive. In the attached email, the file that was uploaded is UND15_RoomInsertsBP_D60.pdf. I can open it at the bottom in the body of the email, but the attachment to the email itself will not open.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 03:24 PM
Would you mind downloading the file and sending it to us? Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll see if we can open the file or not. Please do not forward the email. You have to download the file and send it to us by email.
- shirleyjAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 03:43 PMAttached is the test submission you sent. The file attached to the email cannot be opened.
Thank you for your help with this.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 09, 2017 at 04:11 PM
Thank you for additional information provided.
I tested this issue further and I was able to replicate it.
When drag and drop widget is used and Attach uploads to email option turned on, the files are coming with zero size.
I will forward this issue to our backend team for further checking.
We will inform you about the outcome.