What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
I want to display testimonials (form submissions) in my siteAsked by 1to1 on August 21, 2012 at 09:07 AM
I want clients to be able to go onto my site and fill in a form for a testimonial and then when they click submit I want it to appear automatically on my site for any site visitor to see. Is this possible?
yes it's possible. You can create a grid listing and embed it (trough frame) into your website.
Grid Listing is useful in several ways, a classic example of which is the ability to show the submissions on your web page right after a user hits the Submit button. In the generated grid list you can do the following:
- Rearrange the order of the columns in the table by dragging the column headings.
- Make the grid larger.
- Add/remove column fields
- Sort Ascend/Descend the data by field.
To create a Grid Listing:
1. Login and Open the form in JotForm.
2. Click on 'My Forms'.
3. Select the Form from the list and click on 'Reports'.
4. Click on 'Add New Report'.
5. Choose 'Grid Listing' from the options click on 'Next'.
6. You can choose what fields are to be included in the listing. To restrict access to the list you can enable Password Protection.
7. The url to access the list is displayed you can share the listing using the url. To display the grid listing in your webpage get the iframe code to embed.
This is how a grid listing looks like when viewed using the url:
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Awesome - thank you :)
However i get an error on my site - http://www.ovenblitzer.co.uk/testimonials.html
You're welcome !
Please replace this code
<iframe src="http://www.jotform.com/table/22333968124050" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:100%; min-height:500px; border:none;" scrolling="auto"></iframe>
<iframe src="http://www.jotform.com/grid/22334232747046/" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:100%; min-height:500px; border:none;" scrolling="auto"></iframe>
Please let us know if this solve this issue.
Thanks. I can now see it on my site. However is that the only way it can be displayed??? I woudl like it displayed like the below:
Our built-in reporting features such as the HTML Table and Grid Listing have limited customizability in the aesthetics department.
It means that there is no way to alter the said report's appearance. Sorry about that.