- dv43adminAsked on August 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM
With Mozilla Firefox, I get a security error:
Your connection is not secure
The owner of form.jotform.us has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.
form.jotform.us uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 16, 2017 at 12:17 PM
Could you please try embedding your form using this URL: https://www.jotform.com/70874680470159
Using a different JotForm domain should help you to get your from working as expected, here is also a sample code:
You may need to change the form's height according to your form.
Please let us know how it goes.
- dv43adminAnswered on August 16, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Updated the code. Still getting the same error.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 16, 2017 at 01:05 PM
Please let me forward this thread to our second level.
We will let you know as soon as we get any update about it.
- jhawksfarmerAnswered on August 16, 2017 at 06:09 PM
We are having the exact same issue at the University of Georgia. We use these forms for on campus users on UGA's network and starting today the forms will not work and pop a "security certificate issue with jot form".
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 16, 2017 at 07:21 PM
Seems like you already reported the issue with your browser on this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1225113-
Please check the reply you have received there and post your update there, that will help us to assist you better.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on August 17, 2017 at 04:06 AM
We don't have any issue with our certificates.
Could you please contact with your IT department to check
your local certificates on your computer?
- dv43adminAnswered on August 17, 2017 at 10:30 AM
My CIS Dept had a solution for this issue. This ticket can be closed.