- rwaldenjrAsked on August 21, 2017 at 05:24 PM
In reading the forum's Q&A, it seems there's no method for duplicating an entire page, short of copying and pasting each individual element on a page onto a fresh page. Is that correct? If so, that's tedious, time consuming and fraught with possible errors once a page is fine tuned and tested! And, it should be on the top of the To-Do list for future upgrades, if its not already!
In a similar "should be easy to do" manner, I've not seen how to rearrange page order once created, without having to rebuild all new pages. Is this possible through some technique I'm not aware of?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on August 21, 2017 at 06:38 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
This is possible to select multiple fields by using Ctrl + Left mouse click or Shift + Left mouse click, then you can duplicate selected fields at a specific position, or just move those fields.
Here is a quick animation:
Ctrl + Z to undo the changes.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- rwaldenjrAnswered on August 21, 2017 at 08:43 PMOay, thanks Mike! So in order to duplicate pages, we right-click and bring up the "Manage Multiple Fields" bar, and then click the desired fields, and then click Duplicate? Where are the duplicated fields deposited?
Also, how do we rearrange the order of existing pages/tabs?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on August 21, 2017 at 10:20 PM
When you select multiple fields, then right-click > duplicate. The duplicated fields will be automatically placed beneath the last selected field.
But when you use the duplicate button in the top toolbar, you get the options where you want the duplicated fields to be placed.
To re-arrange the pages, just drag and drop the pagebreak field to anywhere you want. The same case when you re-arrange the fields, just drag and drop them.
- rwaldenjrAnswered on August 21, 2017 at 10:43 PMGood info and screenshot on where the two Duplicate buttons paste the selected fields. However, doesn't rearranging the page break merely change which fields appear on any given page? If want to take page #8, and make it page #1, simply moving the page break doesn't seem to move the whole page, just where it breaks. Am I wrong here? (Don't wanna blow up my form to test it.)
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on August 22, 2017 at 12:06 AM
Please try switching the Pages in the Page Navigation below the form by dragging it. I tested it and it is working properly.
I am assuming that you're referring to this form (http://www.jotform.us/form/71721807988166). If yes, I switched the Page 7 and the Page 1 without any issue. Here's a screen animation on how I switched the pages:
If you want to try it and not having to break your original form, you can clone your form and test it before doing it on your live/original form. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/27-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-Your-Account
I hope that helps. If you have questions, please contact us again.
- rwaldenjrAnswered on August 22, 2017 at 01:47 AM
Thanks John! Great answers. And, I appreciate the video. For some reason, when I tried dragging and dropping the tabs at the bottom before I contacted you, it didn't work. Don't know what you did. But, now it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the info on cloning a page too.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 22, 2017 at 03:28 AM
I am glad to know that you were able to change the placement of form fields by dragging and droping to desired location.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.