- 2adorableAsked on August 23, 2012 at 04:52 PM
i need help with the integration process with jotform.com to salesforce. i get this error message from jotform "API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner" how do i enable jotforms api in salesforce????????
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 23, 2012 at 05:10 PM
Salesforce integration is based on web services API which is available only to Enterprise and Unlimited packages.
You will have to upgrade your account to be able to use JotForm's integration with Salesforce.
- 2adorableAnswered on August 23, 2012 at 06:36 PM
i did i have the enterprise accont now..??
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 23, 2012 at 07:06 PM
If you already have the Enterprise Salesforce package, please try using the form integration again and provide the requirements key during integration process.
Please inform us if you still have issue on this.
- 2adorableAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 02:29 PM
i have tried and i am still having the same problem?? in salesforce they tell my to enter my password+security token, but jot form asks for it seperatly so i assume when making the connection your sytem conects them automatically?
i am still receiving this problem?? please help
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 02:44 PM
You are correct, if you don't recieve an error after the integration, the connection should be find and you shouldn't experience any more issues
Do not hesitate to contact us if that is not the case
- 2adorableAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 02:47 PM
ok i just tried and i am still getting the same error?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 02:55 PM
Are you still recieiving the error "API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner" AFTER removing the old integration? if that is the case, you need to contact SalesForce support and check with them if the API they provided to you is the correct one.
You should have an enterprise or unlimited package subscription, and according to your previous posts, this is correct. If the API is NOT ENABLE, this is an error from SF server side
- 2adorableAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 03:02 PM
ok so how do i remove the previous integration?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 03:07 PM
while on the edit mode , click on the Setup & Embed toolbar, then click on the Integrations button , look for the SF integration , double click on it and click on the remove integration button
- 2adorableAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 03:08 PM
because i had to re-sign up with salesforce inorder to get the enterprise edition for api abilities.. so now it should work because API abilities are turned on by default with salesforce when you sign up with enterprise edition.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 03:10 PM
Ok, all you need to do is re-integrate the correct API into your form, that should do it if you follow the steps correctly
- 2adorableAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 03:22 PM
it doesnt give me the option to remove the integration??
- 2adorableAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 03:23 PM
ok and i tried that even with another form i have and it just doesnt integrate? it gives me the same message???
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 03:24 PM
Ok, in that case, that is not in our side. You need to contact SF support to find out why it says the API is not enabled
- 2adorableAnswered on August 27, 2012 at 02:39 PM
ok salesforce fixed it on there side thanks.
i have another question, how do i map all the fields into salesforce do i have to create form fields in salesforce to match the ones in jotform?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 27, 2012 at 04:16 PM
I am sorry to inform you, but as far as I know, you can point only basic fields like Full Name, Email, Address, Phone and so on.
We do have plans to improve integration by adding an integration option for Salesforce custom fields, but we can not provide any ETA at this time.
I have added your vote to the feature request ticket, and as soon as the custom fields integration option is added, we will let you know.
If custom fields are very important for you, please consider trying our Zoho CRM and/or Highrize CRM integrations, since they support mentioned functionality:
Thank you for using our services.
- 2adorableAnswered on August 27, 2012 at 04:51 PM
alright i have signed up with zoho what is the process to map custom fields?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 27, 2012 at 05:34 PM
I have just replied to your other thread.
- 2adorableAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 03:20 PM
i am having an issue mapping fields from zoho to jotform. i have gotten many fields to work but i do not seeCity/Town: PostalCode:
as a selection when trying to add them to my integration in jotform?
i have created the fields in zoho? what am i doing wrong?
- JotForm SupportDeygusAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 04:55 PM
For clarificiation purposes I see the originating form related to this posting was deleted as well as in your other thread but in order to assist you further which form or forms of yours are you trying to map into zoho? Please provide us with the link to the form you are wanting to map out.
- 2adorableAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 07:18 PM
- fxrAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 07:25 PM
Its very hard for us to help if we dont see how you have configured things in Zoho, it looks to be working fine from a JotForm perspective.
Are you 100% sure you have followed Mike_Ts instructions in this thread to the letter for these fields?
- 2adorableAnswered on September 07, 2012 at 09:34 AM
yes... jotform is where im having the issue not zoho, i also tried highrise and i am having the same issue!!!
2 fields in my form are not avalable for selection/mapping while in the integrations window??
for example .... i go into zoho...i create the custom field for "postal code" ... i come back to jotform open the form.... open the integrations ... select zoho... click to add another feild... select "postal code" ..... but then i do not see it as a selection on the jotform side?
it shows up as a selection from zoho... but is for some reason missing in jot form... i can send you a screen shot??
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 07, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Let's discuss your issue on this separate thread instead.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 26, 2012 at 04:20 PM
Update: Our Developers have implemented the form fields integration with the custom Salesforce fields.
- 2adorableAnswered on December 06, 2013 at 08:31 PM
so if i create a custom field in salesforce i can match it with jotform??
- CesarAnswered on December 06, 2013 at 09:46 PM
Correct, it should be now possible to map form fields to the custom Salesforce fields. Thank you!