- jamieschaferAsked on August 25, 2017 at 08:15 PM
Sorry to bother you again,
Survey ID: https://form.jotformeu.com/72366344384360
Can you tell me how to update the question in the email to reflect the same question in the survey. I checked settings and conditions but cannot see the error.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 26, 2017 at 01:04 AM
We have an option to 'Update Email' in the Advanced tab of the email notification. When this option is enabled, the email should be updated automatically when any changes made to the fields on the form.
If the email is not updated, please try adding a new notification to the form so that the new email will be having the updated fields. Once you have the new email working, you may delete the old email notification from the form.
Hope this information helps!
- jamieschaferAnswered on August 26, 2017 at 06:29 AM
many thanks for this, I have done this.
However, my next results now show this in addition https://www.screencast.com/t/VMZMfH5E5
How do I remove this and just keep 'like' or 'dislike' depending on the option selected?
- jamieschaferAnswered on August 26, 2017 at 06:35 AM
Hi also I have created a notification 2 as you asked and even for this question https://www.screencast.com/t/mvpc4DfenWN when you select 'like' or dislike text vox is showing when this should not be coming up. How do I change this.
Please can you help with this form?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 26, 2017 at 07:29 AM
It appears that the content of your first email notification did not update after you have made changes on your email notification settings, then making changes on your form. Please note that making changes on the contents of your email alert settings will prevent it from being updated once you make changes on your form. I suggest to simply create a new one in order to get an updated version of your email alert.
If you have questions, please let us know.
- jamieschaferAnswered on August 26, 2017 at 07:40 AM
Sorry I am totally confused by what you are advising to do.
Please can you assit me, I am looking to do the following:
1 Remove the '( NaN Likes, NaN Dislikes )'
2. Remove the box in point 2 of the screenshot appearing in my email
Please can you assist me with making these settings to my form
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 26, 2017 at 10:14 AM
My apologies for not being clear.
The idea that I have in mind is that instead of dwelling on the email notification problem, why not instead create a new one to replace the existing ones?
This is because on your email notification, even the questions that you have are old ones. Like on your 2nd question, you have this question on your email notification:
2. How would you rate the Consultant who handled your query?
But currently, what your form has as the 2nd question is this:
2. How satisfied are you that the Consultant who handled your query came across as helpful and polite?
By creating a new email notification, you get the updated questions on the content, then you can just edit it and add again the salutation and your 1st paragraph.
NOTE: What I did for now is created a 3rd email notification on your form. Please test it out if it satisfies the content that you like. After this, you can just delete NOTIFICATION 1 and NOTIFICATION 2 email alerts on your form:
If you need further clarification and assistance, please let us know.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 26, 2017 at 09:56 PM
Thanks for the update, jamieschafer.
I have checked further your form and found the issue. It is with the widget in itself, and I have now updated it. The information on your email alerts is likewise fixed.
I also just deleted the 3rd email alert that I have created since it is no longer of use.
If you have questions, please let us know.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 27, 2017 at 09:01 AM
The "Like and Dislike" widget is designed to give you the result in your screenshot #1. Here are my findings:
1. Like and Dislike widget answer has been conditioned to give the selection to the next field (like or dislike text).
2. The Question #2 in the Notification 1 is using the field tag/name of the Like or Dislike Text field. See this screenshot:
3. The Like or Dislike text field has been removed in the Notification 1. See screenshot:
I've fixed the Notification 2 based on the notification 1 settings. You should see them correctly now. Please note that you will see the Like and Dislike text in the submissions page.
I hope that helps.
- jamieschaferAnswered on August 27, 2017 at 09:23 AM
Brilliant thank you so so much :)