- neiltheblueAsked on January 25, 2011 at 09:45 AM
i have 2 conditions set for 2 different email notifications. Eventually the emails come through but after a 20 minute delay. However if i remove the conditions the emails come trhough almost instantly.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 25, 2011 at 10:57 AM
That's weird. There is nothing on the code that would explain this. Do you have the exact same email address on the condition? My guess is that the email on your conditions has a slow email server.
- neiltheblueAnswered on January 26, 2011 at 02:31 AM
hi, no i am using 2 different email addresses but with the same domain extension. I am using radio buttons to define an area and if the area equals this - then form gets sent to 1 mail box and if area equals another then send to another mailbox. Now our compnay emails do go through a relay but the confusing bit is with out the conditions the sending is instant
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 26, 2011 at 03:31 AM
Sorry, I cannot re-create this problem on my end. Maybe some kind of spam filter holds the email for a while or something like that.
- uscmikeyAnswered on January 26, 2011 at 12:53 PM
I have several conditions on the form I just created and those notifications are being sent immediately. No problems whatsoever.
- jabmediaAnswered on September 12, 2011 at 08:05 PM
On the other side of the yard.... is there a way to delay an email?
- brx250Answered on September 13, 2011 at 01:47 AM
Unfortunately, that is currently unavailable with JotForm. Whenever a submission is made, JotForm automatically sends an email notifying that someone has just clicked the submit button. However, I do believe this has already been requested before and is now on our feature request list.
Hope this answers your question.
If you do have further issues and concerns, please feel free to contact us again.
Albert | JotForm Support