- ken.wrightAsked on August 30, 2017 at 02:56 AMHi Jotform, I have a form with 3 Pages Page 1 - Selection Page: This page directs you to page 2 or 3. Page 2 & 3 - Have their own questions and submit buttonWhen a user submits either page the recipient gets 2 separate emails. 1st with all the information filled out and attachments, 2nd email is the blank page they did not fill out with the attachments from the page they did fill out.Is there a way to stop the blank form being submitted too?Please see attached, a screen shot of my Inbox, where I have 2 emails from one submission 'Temporary.....' is the blank email, 'Employee Contract.......' is the submitted page.FORM: https://form.jotformeu.com/72282473323353Thanks Ken
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on August 30, 2017 at 03:32 AM
You can make your email Notifications conditional and send only one of them based on the option that was selected on the first page of the form.
Hope this meet what you are looking for.
- ken.wrightAnswered on August 30, 2017 at 05:12 AM
Great, this works thanks.
- ken.wrightAnswered on August 30, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Great, this works thanks. I've just realised the PDF Attachment for my 'Employee Contract ....' form has all the fields for the 'Employee Contract...' but also 3 fields from the next form 'Temporary Staff .....' even though the email just shows whats in 'Employee Contract.....' Form
I can't see any clues in the Email Templates for the PDf to show
Can you please help?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on August 30, 2017 at 12:29 PM
Which fields are shown in the PDF report? Start and End date fields maybe?
Those fields are filled by default on the form and because of that they are also shown inside of the PDF report. To resolve this issue you have to remove the dates that are shown by default and leave the field empty.
If you have an issue with some other fields, please provide us a screenshot of your PDF report and tell us which fields should not be shown inside of the report.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 31, 2017 at 05:30 AM
Unfortunately we have received blank response from you. If you have replied from your email, please click on the following URL to reply again: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1235811
We will wait for your response.
- ken.wrightAnswered on August 31, 2017 at 06:36 AM
Hi BJoanna / ashwin_d
Both pages have default values but it seems if I submit page 2 it will pick up the default values on Page 3 in the PDF, but if I submit page 3 it won't pick up page 2. Although it just picks up the Home Address and hourly pay/charge, but not the start and end date (which has default values)
Removing the default values seems to be the solution, but is there not a workaround? I see there is a conditional logic to Set Mask, is there not something similar to remote Default Values, depending on which page submitted?
(Not too sure if my previous message got through)
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on August 31, 2017 at 09:05 AM
I was able to replicate mentioned issue on my cloned form. The submit button on page 2 did pick some values from the page 3, but if the form is submitted on page 3 there is no data from page 2.
On my end there where values from the following fields of the page 3:
Hourly/Daily Pay Rate
Hourly/Daily Charge Rate
I am not sure if this is possible to resolve with the Set Mask option. However, there is another workaround that I tested and it resolved the issue on my end.
I added one additional condition to my cloned from to hide the fields from the page 3 that were shown inside of the report. I set my condition like this.
If some additional fields are shown on your end, you can hide them as well.
I have also set Clear Hidden Field Values option inside of the Form Settings to Clear On Being Hidden.
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotformpro.com/72423262518958
Feel free to clone it and test it.
Hope this will help you to solve the issue.