- bloomblawAsked on September 03, 2017 at 04:30 PM
Am trying to build a password protected page. Any articles on this?
Also, is there a way to "hide" the Submit button and subject it to conditions?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on September 03, 2017 at 05:03 PM
If you would only want to hide part of the form or the entire form unless a correct code is provided then there is a workaround to achieve such. — Hide-or-Show-Multiple-Fields-at-Once
You can also hide the submit button conditionally and will only be shown based on another field's answer — How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-Base-on-User-s-Answer
Please let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help you.
- bloomblawAnswered on September 04, 2017 at 07:43 AMI could not find the button to hide the submit button though. In all other widgets it is in "advanced" but where do i find the hide button for submit?
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on September 04, 2017 at 11:05 AM
My understanding is that you want to hide the Submit button. In the Form Builder, right click the "Submit" field and then select the "Hide" option.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- bloomblawAnswered on September 04, 2017 at 05:43 PMYes, I can do this by right clicking but when you are using an iPad or iPhone, I have no other recourse but to go to "properties" and "advanced". There is no "hide" option in there. And I noticed this is only true for the "submit" element as all other elements I have used so far have the "hide" option. Must be an oversight?
Sent from my iPad
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 04, 2017 at 06:55 PM
You're right, when you are on mobile devices you need to open the field settings since there is not a right click function.
The submit button does not have the hidden option on its properties, this is because if the field is hidden the form cannot be submitted.
I would recommend you to conditionally hide the button instead, you could show it based on certain fields, either if they are filled or if certain value or option has been selected.
The guide shared above by my colleague will help you with that.
I hope this helps.