- ubhejaniAsked on May 01, 2010 at 04:38 AM
Say for example a form filler does not start a name with a capital letter and being very fussy as to what this looks like on my side (excel sheets etc.) can this not be changed more elegantly, or must one go to the available "edit", which brings up the form as shown on the web site and make the change and then repost the form with captcha code and all?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 01, 2010 at 09:11 AMDo you want to be able to edit entries directly on the web grid available on the submissions page instead?
- hynddesignAnswered on May 11, 2010 at 01:51 AMHi,
I am wanting to do a similar thing to the above question. I have clients entering details into the form (sometimes capitals, sometimes lowercase).
I found the edit submission button for the form, but when you go and edit the submission, it looks fine in the browser side, but when you download Excel or CSV the data hasnt changed?
Can you please let me know if I am doing something wrong?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 11, 2010 at 03:02 AMAfter making those changes on the edit form you must click on the submit button to save the changes. Are you sure you are clicking on that? If you are used to Mac maybe you are not clicking on Submit button.
- hynddesignAnswered on May 11, 2010 at 03:59 AMHi,
Thanks for the reply. I have made the change required and clicked the submit button. This does change it on the preview (at top) and in the bottom panel.
However, when I click either Excel or CSV and open this file, it still shows the original option (prior to change). I have even logged out and back in, but still no luck.
Apprecaite any other assistance.
- ubhejaniAnswered on May 11, 2010 at 05:51 AMSorry late response.
"Do you want to be able to edit entries directly on the web grid available on the submissions page instead?"
That would be quicker/easier?
like "hynddesign" I find the CAPITALS etc a problem and woiuld like to "fix" this quickly and easily.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on May 11, 2010 at 07:37 AMOK, I see the problem. I added this to our bug list and we will work on it.