- nminksAsked on September 07, 2017 at 06:39 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 07, 2017 at 07:40 PM
Do not use the Number field since it was specifically for numbers only.
Use the Short Text Entry instead
- nminksAnswered on September 08, 2017 at 10:57 AM
Thanks for your response! Unfortunately the field was already created and I don't want to delete it because it matches up with previous responses in my reports.
Is there any way to change it from a "Number" field to a "Short Entry" field, without deleting it and creating a new one?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 08, 2017 at 11:54 AM
It is not currently possible to change one type of fields to another. If you need a field of a different type, the only way to include it would be to add in the new field.
- nminksAnswered on September 08, 2017 at 12:59 PM
Thanks for the info!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 08, 2017 at 01:09 PM
Very welcome! If the field was a short text entry field, the validations could be set differently. Number fields unfortunately are fixed validation to numbers only.