- akiralaffeyAsked on September 08, 2017 at 07:02 PM
We have a number of submissions for our Coach Biography Questionnaire that we can't read becuase there is no prompt for the encryption key to be entered. We received an email asking for the document name and heard nothing back. Please get back to us asap. Thank you!
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on September 08, 2017 at 09:19 PM
May we know what form you're referring so we can check it further?
If the form encryption is disabled in the Form Settings page then the Encryption Key window will not appear on the Submissions page.
- akiralaffeyAnswered on September 09, 2017 at 07:01 AM
You're not understanding the issue. Please go into our account and look at the form. Its active and the results are all encrypted EXCEPT the last one received because I turned off the encryption. However, the remaining submissions are jibberish and we have no way to get them unencrypted.
We are getting extremely frustrated with the JotForm Customer Service team. We have now written in about this issue several times. Please have someone who can unecrypt the SUBMISSIONS assist with this.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 09, 2017 at 12:02 PM
If you have opted Jotform to get you the key, the form should work as it should. The popup to upload the key doesn't need permission from your popup settings, so I'm not sure why the window is not showing up to your end.
Our apologies, but we cannot decrypt the submissions for you. The encryption key is the only way you can do it on the submissions page. Please try the following method:
1. Logout from Jotform.
2. Clear your browser cookies for Jotform.
3. Clear your browser's cache.
4. Log in again.
5. Enable the encryption in the form. Let Jotform get you the key, and save the new key.
6. Test your form.
7. Access the submissions page and see if the popup will appear. If it is, upload the key and check what will happen.
Please note to do this on recommended browsers such as Chrome or Firefox. Try decrypting on different machines/OS.
Lastly, please check for possible errors in the console tab of the browser. Here are guides that you can follow to do this:
If you see errors (red lines), please take a screenshot and post it on this thread.