- KemitGManAsked on September 11, 2017 at 09:26 PM
Is there a way to link a JotForm to update one or more column(s) in a pre-populated google sheet such that
1) some fields on form are prepopulated from the sheet
2) some fields can be updated by the user
3) the user can click "next" to save their answers and pull up the next row of the sheet to edit
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Integrate Form with Google Spreadsheet
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 11, 2017 at 10:05 PM
If I can understand you, you would need to have the records on the spreadsheet to be updated at the same time your users update the submission on the form.
Unfortunately, this cannot be achieved and as far as I know (and have tested) the integration with JotForm and Google Sheets as well as the integration through Zapier need the form to be submitted.
The data can be added/updated however either when the user submits the form for the first time or when he edits the submission.
If you're referring to something else, please provide us more details about it, we will be glad to help you.
- KemitGManAnswered on September 12, 2017 at 05:43 PMWhat I mean is, can a jotform be used to UPDATE an existing row in a google
sheet, rather than INSERT a new row into a sheet. So:
1. Fields on the form are populated from an existing google sheet row
2. The user can update values of fields, and press SUBMIT to update
those values, in-place
3. There is some way for the user to retrieve the NEXT row (perhaps
based on some search criteria)
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 12, 2017 at 07:29 PM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to pre-populate data from a spreadsheet directly from Google Drive.
You could however use the Spreadsheet to Form widget that will allow you to upload a sheet and your users can prefill the data from there: https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/spreadsheet_to_form
You may also create pre-populated links from your spreadsheet to fill out the form, please check the steps given here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/864607#864737
Now, the JotForm integration with Google Spreadsheet does not allow to update existing records, the integration basically works on the following way:
1. JotForm submission is sent to the sheet.
2. If submission is edited the row on the sheet is edited as well.
However, there is an integration with Zapier that will help you doing so, you will find it here: https://zapier.com/zapbook/google-sheets/jotform/
Please give it a try and let us know if you have any question.