- Bryan sullivanAsked on September 13, 2017 at 02:38 PM
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 04:55 PM
We reset your form views counter. Please take note that we can only do this once in a lifetime. Please consider upgrading to the paid plans for a higher form views limit.
Just FYI, form views count web crawlers like bots since they systematically browse the web pages. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why your form views counter has doubled.
Anyhow, your forms should be working now.
- ILoveWinnipegAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 05:43 PMThank you but it would help If I knew how it was counting cause I know I never have looked at my forms 1000 times. Seriously. No sure where I am getting so many views from. although the site is live it is not published.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 06:51 PM
Thanks, and we understood. However, Like I've mentioned, it is highly likely due to web crawlers.
If you are using an online web builder, then it could be that they are highly indexed by search engines and that websites created by them may be crawled by bots.
You will be able to check the recent views in your form and the IP it originates in your Form Analytics https://www.jotform.com/form-analytics/. Or if you have google analytics installed, you can check there the views and its data.
And also, as far as I can see, your website is already published since I am able to view it here.
- ILoveWinnipegAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 07:43 PMHi, Thank you for your reply. Yes I know its published I just meant that I never have promoted it so I figure no one would be visiting it. In any event while building it I will turn off the form. I love your product and service, Thank you for all your help!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 13, 2017 at 09:16 PM
If you have Google Analytics setup for your website, you should see where the traffics comes from. The website is not yet published, but if you have chosen the website to be indexed by Google and any other search engines, it will appear in search results giving you more traffics when viewed.
You may consider checking this form view guide to know more about it: https://www.jotform.com/help/355-Form-View-Limits-What-Is-It-All-About.