- mkelly922Asked on January 26, 2011 at 04:44 PM
what am i doing wrong with my contact us form?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 26, 2011 at 07:23 PM
Can you please elaborate? Walk us through the steps you took to try to get the form into the page. Can you provide a link to the page so we can have a look at its source code?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 27, 2011 at 06:03 AM
What do you use to edit your web pages?
- mkelly922Answered on January 27, 2011 at 10:03 AM
I built the web site using Microsoft Office Publisher 2007. I don't know where to look for the source code. I have followed the steps on the video and also used the embed tool, the source tool and the Iframe. After I copy it and then try to paste it to my "contact us" page on my website itself, all I see is the text in a text box. I've been trying everything I could think of, including pasting it to a blank page but nothing changes.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 28, 2011 at 08:04 AM
To add a JotForm code to a Microsoft Publisher, click the "HTML Code Fragment" command on the "Insert" menu. That opens the "Edit HTML Code Fragment" dialog box, where you can type or paste the iFrame code.
- mkelly922Answered on January 28, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Thanks for your patience but I have done exactly that and all I still get is the iframe code. When I highlight the code in the HTML editor and try to paste it to the web page, I still only get the code in a text box. You can tell I'm not the most computer savvy guy and I'm sure I'm missing some simple step but I can't figure it out. I've treid it a hundred times.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 31, 2011 at 01:54 AM
It sounds like you are entering the code straight into the web page instead of using the "Edit HTML Code Fragment" dialog box as described above. Can you try those instructions?
- mkelly922Answered on January 31, 2011 at 09:53 AM
I have tried to paste it into the "edit HTML code fragment" box. First I highlighted it using the embed button and then clicking on the iFrame button. Then I go to Microsoft publisher which contains the web site. Then I click on" insert" then the "edit HTML box" and click paste. Then I click on OK and go to the page I want the form on and all I am getting is a text box with the code in it. I am about to give up .
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 31, 2011 at 02:24 PM
@mkelly922 Don't ever give up! There's a solution to this problem. We just need to find it. And we will. (Eventually.)
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 01, 2011 at 06:28 AM
That's fine. You will not see the form live on the page when you are on the edit mode.
You have done everything right. It is probably working. You should now click on File menu and then click on Web Page Preview. Then you will see the form on the page.
- mkelly922Answered on February 01, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Thanks for your time and patience. I can now view the form when I go to web page preview