- tcbAsked on January 26, 2011 at 05:47 PM
Few feature wishes:
1. Custom regexp validation.
2. Custom error message style.
3. Limit input key range for numeric/alphabetic/etc validations.
4. Ability to set each element's size/width by pixels.
5. Minimum value on Slider.
6. Set step other than 1 on Slider.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 26, 2011 at 06:55 PM
The validation could certainly use some enhancement. For instance, I have a required field on one of my forms in which only URLs are supposed to be entered but I was able to put any string of alphanumeric characters I liked into it (it didn't even check for http) and submit the form.
I'm pretty sure they're working on it though.
No 3. on your wishlist is already in effect, unless I understood your request incorrectly. Are you referring to this?
(It should actually state "Limit entry by words or characters". Nevertheless, it works — at least for characters. I haven't tried limiting entries by words as yet.)
EDIT: I think I misunderstood your request. You mean you want to limit the range of characters like A-Z, a-z that sort of thing. Right?
- tcbAnswered on January 26, 2011 at 08:31 PM
abajan, thanks for your answer.
No 3. - Yep, I mean to limit the range, do not let users type some characters. Just like this plugin do http://plugins.jquery.com/project/limitkeypress.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 26, 2011 at 08:42 PM
Nice plugin, indeed. Try as I may, I couldn't enter any disallowed characters into those fields! Sounds like some pretty deep stuff: "How it works: It inverses the polarity of the neutron flow." Almost like nuclear fusion or something!
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 27, 2011 at 08:11 AM
Please post each of your unrelated requests to a different thread so that we can keep track of them and when they are implemented, let you know. This would also allow other users to join the discussion and tell what they think about that particular feature.