- laurenberryhillAsked on September 18, 2017 at 04:51 PM
My form is displayed in English by default. However, when respondents choose "Spanish" as their language, it creates some difficultly. On my "Thank You" page, I originally display a unique ID (under the sentence: PRESENT THE FOLLOWING FAMILY ID# WHEN PICKING UP YOUR GIFTS AT THE WAREHOUSE. ) for the respondents to reference. When the form is translated to Spanish, it no longer displays their Unique ID. I don't see Unique ID anywhere on the translations - I also don't see how to translate the Thank You page anywhere. Please help!
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 18, 2017 at 05:26 PM
Apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused to you.
I have been testing your form and noticed that the field displays properly on your thank you page when I selected Spanish as language.
May you please test again and let us know if the issue persists?
Also, I have tested the form with ID "72565156281156", if the issue is with a different form, please provide us the form ID.
Regarding the question about changing the thank you message based on the language, please check this guide that will help you to do that: https://www.jotform.com/help/333-How-to-Change-Thank-You-Message-Depending-on-the-Language-Used
I hope this helps.
- laurenberryhillAnswered on September 18, 2017 at 05:44 PMHello,
Thank you! This helped quite a bit.
- laurenberryhillAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 01:43 PMThe unique ID's work properly when the respondent completes the form in the
"original" language (English). If someone with the same email completes the
form twice, it still gives them the same unique ID. However, if someone
completes it in Spanish multiple times, it gives them a different Unique ID
every time.Also, is there a way to translate the autoresponder email into Spanish
based off of their completion of the form in English or Spanish?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 02:15 PM
- laurenberryhillAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 02:44 PMIt is not displaying the Unique ID again on the Thank You page again...
It's also not displaying on the confirmation email to either the respondent
or the sender
It does assign one because it has it on the PDF they receive.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 03:05 PM
I have just tested this form https://www.jotform.com/form/72565156281156 and it seems to be working so far, I have selected Spanish as language, it change the thank you message and the unique ID was properly displayed too:
I have cleared your forms cache, may you please also test using incognito mode, just to make sure this is not a cache issue.
This link will help you using incognito mode: http://www.wikihow.com/Activate-Incognito-Mode
Also, if you are experiencing the issue with a different form, please provide us the link to it, this guide will help you getting the form's link: https://www.jotform.com/help/401-Where-to-Find-My-Form-URL
We will wait for your response.
- laurenberryhillAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 03:43 PMIncognito word seemed to work as well. I deleted the unique ID box a little
bit ago, and then put it back; that seemed to help. I just don't want to
run into this problem once people are actually using it.
Any reason it may have happened?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 04:11 PM
This may have happened due to a temporary issue; however, your widget should work as long as the widget settings are not changed, this should properly change the widget's value.
Please if this happens again, let us know, I would also recommend you to keep those submissions where the unique ID was repeated, that will help us to track what may have caused the issue.