- fccmarketingAsked on September 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM
We have an external job request form in which the due date is automatically calculated to be no less than 14 days from the initial date of the user's initial submission.
A couple days later, our internal team often needs to edit the submission (add job status notes etc). However, when submitting the edits, the form requires a new due date 14 days from the date of editing.
We want the due date to remain constant from the initial submission, not the edited submission.
Please help :)
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM
As per checking, it is not possible to use the initial date of submission on the limits of your Due Date field. As a workaround, instead of setting up the limit, we can add a validation using condition instead on your form so we can use the initial submission date on checking the value for the Due Date field. You can check this sample cloned form that I have created: https://form.jotformpro.com/72614572386967.
- fccmarketingAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Thanks so much! However it needs to work, we're good. Can you please guide me through the conditions to make this happen?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 12:54 PM
Here is the step by step changes that I made to the form.
1. Remove the Limits set up of the Due Date field.
2. Add another Date field on your form that will hold the Initial Date value. You can set this field to hidden so your users will not be able to see the field.
3. Set the default date of the Initial Date field to CURRENT date.
4. Add Form Calculation widget that will hold the calculated value of the Initial Date field and Due Date field.
5. Setup the Form Calculation Field as follows:
5. Add a Text field with the validation message.
6. Setup the condition to show/hide the validation message when the user selected a value for Due Date that is less than 14 days of the Initial Date.
- fccmarketingAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 02:17 PM
O.M.G. You guys are the BEST. Thank you sooo much!!
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 19, 2017 at 02:23 PM
Thank you for a positive feedback. If you encounter another issue, please don't hesitate to contact us.