- suzannekennedyAsked on September 22, 2017 at 12:14 PM
As per the above, we use the form for 3rd parties to provide data. Once they submit the form, is there a way to make it locked?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 22, 2017 at 01:19 PM
If you are allowing your submitters to edit the form (which I assume) you could use Get Form URL widget and then create a condition that will make the fields read-only if the form is in edit mode:
And you can choose which fields will be read-only.
Could that work for you?
Please let us know.
- suzannekennedyAnswered on September 25, 2017 at 08:59 AM
I'm not sure if that will, the following steps are:
- We send out a link to the relevant person to add in their relevant details
- Person edits all the field to provide info and then submits
- Once submitted, we want to ensure the fields edited become locked and no longer editable.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on September 25, 2017 at 10:32 AM
Just like what my colleague Nik_C mentioned, this is possible by using the Get Form Page URL widget. Please check this demo form: https://form.jotformpro.com/72673884047972. You can clone it if you like to.
Here's a guide on how I created that demo form:
2. After that, I created a condition wherein if the Get Form Page URL widget contains a string or text "edit", then a specific field will be disabled. You will need to use the Enable/Require Field condition.
Condition: Get Page URL > Contains > Value > "edit"
Action: Disable > Selected field
Here's a screen capture of the test submission and opening the edit link:
As you can see in the screen capture above, the "Disable this field in Edit Mode" field cannot be edited in the Edit Mode.
Here's an example edit link: https://www.jotform.com/edit/3821584802527168786.
Hope that helps. Thank you.