- jrangel_TSYSAsked on September 25, 2017 at 03:16 PM
Hello Jot Form team:
I have a form with encription key, when download excel submition files, it show encripted, ¿how can I apply the encription key generated when form was rcreated in order to review all the responses?
In advance thanks for your commnents
Jorge A. Rangel
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on September 25, 2017 at 04:18 PM
To decrypt you will need your private key. Its usually named "jotform.key" and is often found in the Downloads folder. Please locate your private key first.
When you try to access an encrypted form you will be asked to provide your private key. After you do this you should see a "success" message. You can now press the "x" to close the dialog and it will decrypt your data.
Please read this guide:
- jrangel_TSYSAnswered on October 02, 2017 at 03:43 PMHello Jotform team, thanks for your response, but I´need to access not
just a encrypted form, I want to access to Excel or CVS file which
contains all responses, now with encrypted data, is it possible?
Bests regards !
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on October 02, 2017 at 05:29 PM
That is not possible, when using Encrypted forms, features such as form reports get disabled: https://www.jotform.com/help/344-Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them
Some of the features that are not available for Encrypted Forms are:
1. PDF Downloads.
2. Reports (this includes downloading Excel and CSV files from within the Submissions Page).
3. Emails: Email Notifications and Autoresponder (usually emailed to the form submitters).
All server side gathered and processed data, can not be retrieved in encrypted forms because your private key is never sent to our servers."