- rkrishnaAsked on September 29, 2017 at 01:15 AM
I am trying to download my for submissions as an excel spreadsheet. The checkboxes that have been checked do not show up on the excel spreadsheet. Please help!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 29, 2017 at 02:17 AM
I did a test submission and the checkboxes are showing:
Are you sure that in previous submissions those fields were checked?
Since the fields are not required it is possible to submit the form even if those fields are not checked.
Could you please double check?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 29, 2017 at 02:21 AM
My apologies, I just checked the Excel export and I see what you're referring to. Please allow me some time to check this issue further.
I'll get back to you shortly.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 29, 2017 at 05:02 AM
The input table is breaking in excel sheet in separate cells for each option.
So, for example, this is how the input table and checkbox inputs are showing in Excel:
Could the regular checkbox field work for you?
The regular checkbox field's options will show in one cell.
Could that work, please let us know.
- rkrishnaAnswered on September 29, 2017 at 01:42 PM
I will work on that later and let you know. Thanks!
- rkrishnaAnswered on October 01, 2017 at 04:01 PM
This won't work as the input is coming in all one text box.
- rkrishnaAnswered on October 01, 2017 at 04:03 PM
I am unable to a different format for checkboxes since the format of the submission pdf needs to be what I have right now. With that said, is there no way I can collect the responses also in an excel spreadsheet so I can at the end of the year generate results graphically.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 01, 2017 at 04:47 PM
Our excel format is not customizable, but once you download it, you can edit it locally on your computer.
You may check a separate visual reports option that we provide, to see if this is something that might be used in your case.
- rkrishnaAnswered on October 01, 2017 at 11:50 PM
I know the excel can be formatted locally. My problem is that the form entries (i.e. what the user is selecting) is not downloading on the excel spreadsheet.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on October 02, 2017 at 01:39 AM
I checked your submissions and the checked options are showing in Excel:
It is just showing checked items in separate columns as explained earlier.
Also, some of the fields are just not checked in your submissions:
So those that are empty are not showing in submissions.
Let us know if you have any further questions.