- cascadedesignsAsked on September 05, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Ideally, I could specify the file size (smaller than standard Iphone size... 500kb) and upload from an iphone or ipad. In a one question survey, the 'choose file' button is not selectable.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Update: We have a possible new solution for the file uploads on iphone/ipad. We have just added a new form field type under Power Tools called Filepicker.io.
Filepicker.io is a web service that lets your users choose files from the Cloud. Basically what that means is that your users can choose files from their Facebook, Dropbox, Box, Gmail etc. accounts. There is still an option to upload files from a computer.
So, if you use this new field type most users will upload files from their computer like before, but your users from mobile phone will have some options to pass the file through another app such as dropbox.
It is not a perfect solution, we wish we could just make the upload button work on iphone but unfortunately it is not possible. This solution does not make it easy but at least it makes it possible for some of your users.
You will need to sign-up (free for 2GB/month) with Filepicker.io and get an API key to use this feature. We have a blog post about it here:
Let us know if that helps!
- cascadedesignsAnswered on September 05, 2012 at 11:20 AMThank you for the prompt response. I had seen this but was hoping for a more elegant, user friendly solution. While I see how this can be worked around, it’s not quite as user friendly as our sales team requires.
direct (206) 676-6088
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 04:22 AM
The problem is actually only limited to Safari. If you can instruct your sales team to install and use Opera Mini browser instead of Safari, they should be able to upload files.
Just tested on my ipad and it worked fine.
- cascadedesignsAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 04:04 PMUsing Opera Mini, I can no longer use the Calendar question. I can’t select a day when the calendar expands…
direct (206) 676-6088
- fxrAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 07:50 PM
@cascadedesigns , please open a new ticket for the new & seperate issue.