- brentitcAsked on October 05, 2017 at 09:51 PM
The Appointment Widget is working just fine in my form, however, there are instances that there are two "bookings" in one slot.
Is it possible that two people can click on the same time-slot at the same time that can cause double booking? if yes, how doe we avoid it? Is there a way that the Appointment Widget be updated in realtime to cross-out time slots that no longer available?
Thank you for your help.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 06, 2017 at 03:33 AM
Thanks for reporting. I was able to reproduce this problem.
It seems somehow possible when you do it at the same time. Example, both users pick the same slot and submits the form almost at the same time (with at least a half a second gap).
However, it is not possible when both the user picks the same slot and the first user able to submit it first. This blocks the second user's selection.
I will forward this to our developers so hopefully, they'll be able to find a solution to prevent double appointments when both users submit the form at the same time although, from my knowledge, an occurrence like this is usually the ones hard to resolve.
We will let you know once we have a solution.
- brentitcAnswered on October 08, 2017 at 09:43 PMThank you!
please let us know of possible solution for this occurrence. We are having
these from time to time.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on October 08, 2017 at 10:59 PM
The issue has been escalated to our developers. We will contact you again on this thread once we have an update.
For the meantime, please try adding a Captcha widget to your form to avoid duplicate submission or at least a delay when two user tries submitting at the same time.
Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/205-How-to-Add-a-Captcha-Field
- brentitcAnswered on October 08, 2017 at 11:43 PMThank you! We are looking forward for a fix. Have a wonderful day!
- brentitcAnswered on November 08, 2017 at 01:43 AMhi! I was just wondering if you were able to find a fix on this problem?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on November 08, 2017 at 02:28 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Unfortunately, we do not have any updates from our developer. We cannot also provide you an ETA when the issue will be fixed.
Let us know if you need further assistance.