- DecadeofDifferenceAsked on October 06, 2017 at 02:03 PM
Your preconfigured phone number field has an option that you can toggle on or off for a country code before the area code. I think it would be helpful if there was a similar function for an extension after the phone number.
As it is now I have to add an extra field to my forms to allow people to type in an extension. It seems like it would be easy for you to add that option, and others might find it useful as well.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 06, 2017 at 03:28 PM
There is no automatic way to include the extension, but we can use a workaround.
1. On properties require country code:
2. Click the sublabels to change them into area code, phone number, extension:
It may require some adjusting of the widths using CSS, but if this solution works for you, we will be happy to help with that.
- DecadeofDifferenceAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Actually, that unfortunately doesn't work in this instance. I have the Phone Number as a required field, and as such, you are required to put a number in the box I tried to relabel as extension, but not everyone has an extension. Any other ideas, short of modifying the field type on your end?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 01:27 PM
I believe it would function the same if we added a extension portion to the phone number field. All parts of the field would be required if the field was required. If you want the phone number portion to be required but not the extension, it would require using two fields.
Two fields can be made to look like one using CSS. We can help setting that up if you would like.
- DecadeofDifferenceAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 01:49 PM
Yes, if you could help with that it would be greatly appreciated. FWIW the form in question is 70260216567958
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 02:12 PM
The easiest way to do this in your form would be to shrink both the phone number and extension field:
Set the width of the extension field to something much smaller, 2 or 3 should be sufficient depending on how many characters in the extension:
After that, add the following CSS to pull the extension field closer to the phone field:
margin-left : -60px;
Here is how the form would look with those changes made:
- DecadeofDifferenceAnswered on October 11, 2017 at 05:48 PM
Worked beautifully, thank you.