- mbewleyAsked on October 12, 2017 at 12:27 PM
I've written this Navy Circumference Formula exactly as its written in Excel and can't get it to work/calculate properly in JotForm. I need assistance with correcting this formula -- what am I missing/doing wrong?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 02:02 PM
I see that the form is showing some calculated result as I enter some values to it. However, I am not sure if it is calculating correctly. If you can provide us with the formula that you are working on, we can take a look and examine the form calculation.
We will wait for your response. Thank you!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 12, 2017 at 03:38 PM
That's one pretty complex calculation. :)
Anyway, my suggestion is to break down the formula. This is to ensure that you are getting the right number on every calculation.
1. First calculation field gets the %Fat value
2. Second calculation gets the log(abdomen-neck)
3. Third gets the log(height)
And then on your final calculation, you simply use the value on each of these fields and then calculation them. This at least simplifies the calculation process and probably gives a finer result.
Please try it and let us know if we can be of further help.
- mbewleyAnswered on October 25, 2017 at 10:43 PMThanks for everyone’s assistance. I tried your suggestion Elton Cris but your suggestion didn't seem to work. In fact, the problem appears to be with the log equation — it simply doesn’t work.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 26, 2017 at 12:36 AM
Could you share the form URL that you have already worked with Elton's suggestion so that we may be able to fix it? Also, if you can provide us the Excel sheet with the formula we can check that might help us. You may email the Excel sheet to email@example.com with the subject title "Support forum - 1271671".
- mbewleyAnswered on October 26, 2017 at 07:22 AM
Thanks for your help Kiran. I already scraped the "Elton's" form since it didn't work. I've included all the excel formulas in this thread but will upload the excel sheet per your instructions.
A simple test for the JotForm log function is create a field and enter a value. Next, create a calculating field with log function and no calculations happen in JotForm. I do the same in Excel and it works, which led me to state in my previous post the log JotForm function doesn't work.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 26, 2017 at 09:18 AM
Thank you for sharing the spreadsheet with us. Please allow me some time to work on the form and see if I can get you something. I'll update you here once I have any news in this regard.
- mbewleyAnswered on October 26, 2017 at 03:29 PM
Thank you very much, Kiran for your time and willingness to assist. Greatly appreciated!!!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on October 30, 2017 at 02:47 PM
Thank you for your patience. As I tried to create the form to use the same formula, I notice that the log() value is being calculated incorrectly which is why the calculation is failing on the form.
Here is the form that I was trying to create: https://form.jotform.com/72983631607968
I am forwarding the issue to our backend team to take a look at it. Once we have any update from them, I'll update the form and let you know here.
- mbewleyAnswered on October 30, 2017 at 02:49 PM
I knew I wasn't crazy when I said the log() function didn't seem to work ;-)
Thank you, Kiran for your all your time and assistance -- much appreciated!!!