- BaBaMaAsked on October 14, 2017 at 06:10 PM
I just did a test run on a new form and when I hit "send" it told me :
"Sorry! Only one entry is allowed. Multiple submissions are disabled for this form."
I need people to be able to register every month, if that's what they want to do.
I've looked and looked and don't see a way to enable this ... where? and how?
- BaBaMaAnswered on October 14, 2017 at 06:12 PM
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 14, 2017 at 08:13 PM
I cloned your form and I can see that the Unique Question is set to "Email" field. It means that if the user entered the same email address as the previous submission, the user will receive this error message.
You can change it in the Form Settings, here's how:
1. In the Form Builder, click "Settings" and then go to "Form Settings". After that, click the "Show More Options" button.
2. Scroll down and look form "Unique Question" dropdown. Please change it to "Email" field.
Related guide: How-to-set-Form-Limits-Based-on-a-Unique-Question.
I created a separate thread for your next issue. Please wait for our reply on this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1273447.
Hope that helps. Thank you.