- boidyAsked on September 06, 2012 at 05:55 PM
hi my form only sometimes sends the title fields ie. mr mrs miss etx through and only sometimes the room location field, please help
if you look at my submission some have the fields: room location and title correctly but a couple are definately missing, these are validated entries so shouldnt be able to pass this section without filling inPage URL:
- boidyAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 06:12 PM
- jeanettebmzAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 06:16 PM
This is a data replication problem between our servers in different data centers.
You may either wait little bit for the changes to be updated, or you can use the same domain name.
For example if your form is on http://www.jotformpro.com/form/22492099702962, you can login and use the form builder on www.jotformpro.com .
Please rebuild your email notification taken the steps described above, that should do it. Then there will not be any lag in the updates.Usually there is no lag but we are doing some database maintenance
Also make sure you update the embedded code into your pagesd to the correct domain.
- boidyAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 06:17 PM
ok thank you i will try, is the data lost then that isnt there? or will it eventually show?
- boidyAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 06:24 PM
yeah i checked it and it was built on jotform pro.com and im using jotformpro.com's control panel but its sometimes missing 2 key boxes when a user submits the form the 2 fields are just blank
- boidyAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 06:46 PM
woah ALL the room location entries have now just dissapeared! HELP!!!
- boidyAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 06:54 PM
it seems to be working now with the updated embed code, but would it be possible to retrieve all the data from the room location field at all?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 06:54 PM
Are you logged into your jotform account using www.jotformpro.com ? "missing" submissions are also related with the database maintenance and had affected some accounts. Can you please clear your browser cache, and log back in?
yes im on jotformpro.com i have cleared cache but they are still missing theres 11 in total, the new submissions seem to be coming through ok now though, im just wondering if they will reappear?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 07:04 PM
You are probably confused because you might have seen a different number at the counter , well, let me tell you should discard the counter and only compare your email notifications alon with your excel report , as counter submissions was another related issue.
- BoidyAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 07:15 PM
? I don't think I am explaining very well, let me try again,
I have a text box on my form labelled : room location
When a customer adds their room location it does not save and when the email confirmation comes through the field in question is blank
A couple did work and we received emails containing the data however now ALL have disappeared, the customer must have filled the data in as it was a required field, all I need to know is how to retrieve the missing data or if it will simply return when the maintenance is complete?
The form now appears to be sending correctly but I would like the missing fields if possible, I have tried downloading the excell and PDF forms but the missing data from the previous submissions isnt there
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 06, 2012 at 07:27 PM
Have you tried re-creating both the email notification and autoresponder?
It could be that you had customized already the notification emails and afterward made changes on the fields on the form. The changes you did might have not reflected on the notification emails.
Please try this to be able to test and compare.
1. Create a New notification and autoresponder email for the form.
2. Do not customize the newer notification and autoresponder
3. If you need to change the Send To recipient email address, you can do that. Just do NOT customize/change the email notification body.
4. Then test the form (submit).
5. Check the notification and autoresponder email sent. Check if all fields on the form are present on the notification and autoresponder message.
Note: Please check also the form Setup & Embed / Conditions... you migh have a deleted fields that are no longer needed in the Condition.
Please update us of the result.