- michaeljameshoganAsked on October 17, 2017 at 04:55 PM
I have a form with many hide/show rules for individual questions in a section 1 of my form. When I add another rule to "hide multiple" that includes hiding of all questions in section 1, the hide/show rules for section 1 become nullified - thus showing all the hidden fields that I wanted hidden in section 1.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 17, 2017 at 08:35 PM
Please note that when a field is affected with a condition it will behave as follows:
1. You're conditionally hiding a field: The field will be shown by default and it will be hidden once the condition is met.
2. You're conditionally showing a field: The field will be hidden by default and it will be shown only when the related condition is met.
However, if you have set both conditions that are affecting the same field, then the field will be automatically shown and will wait until the condition is met in order to trigger the action over the field.
Here are some sample conditions:
You will see how this behave on this testing form: https://form.jotform.com/62567900446965
So I would recommend you to double check your conditions and make sure that you're not affecting the same field with more than one condition.
Please also check this guide that will help you with the show hide conditions: https://www.jotform.com/help/316-How-to-Show-or-Hide-Fields-Base-on-User-s-Answer
I hope this helps.
- michaeljameshoganAnswered on October 18, 2017 at 11:15 AM
That works great. Thanks so much!