- felipe_sasaAsked on September 06, 2012 at 11:31 PM
I have a form that contains a field where the user put a URL address. I would like this URL address to be clickable when it is displayed in the thank you page.
When I tried to insert a link using the Insert Link button and put the field name or filed ID as the link, this does not work because it automatially includes the "/" or the root path.
Is there any work around to do this?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on September 07, 2012 at 01:36 AM
You need to add http:// before the the field variables. Example:
And to prevent errors, you would need to ask your form users not to place http:// on their URL, otherwise it will get duplicated.
Hope this helps. Thanks!
- felipe_sasaAnswered on September 10, 2012 at 09:22 PM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you're quite welcome. Incidentally, conditions could always be attached to the URL field (in case some users insist on including the http:// even though they were told not to do so). Have a look at this demo I just created.
- felipe_sasaAnswered on September 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM
This is getting much better!!! Thanks abajan for this tip. I have just tested this and worked like a charm!
Among the many third party services I am using, jotform so far has the best customer service! Keep up the good work!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on September 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Nicely done! :)
Thanks for your great feedback. We are always happy to served! :)