- empireccAsked on October 18, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Can you please tell me why my account was suspended
- JotForm SupportktyaguirreAnswered on October 18, 2017 at 04:08 PM
Upon review of your account we have found that form :
http://www.jotform.us/form/72503721624147 was found to be collecting on ssn# as shown below:
Therefore, when you do request SSNs or driver's licenses, chances are that our automated phishing detector will flag the form(s) and suspend the account.
However, we recognize that there are businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes, here are some:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
-Real estate purchases
-Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
Nevertheless, you must know that since we do store the information in your account, anyone with access to it would also have access to social security numbers. So, in the event of a security breach of your account this could be an issue.
So, having this in mind, we encourage you to follow this recommendation:
Add a sort agreement and/or an e-signature field to the form, so your customers will agree to provide their SSN along with personal info, this is mandatory, in order not to draw unwanted attention.
Here are some widgets you can add to the form (signature fields):