- swingcheeseAsked on January 31, 2011 at 04:56 AM
I've encountered the problem, that sometimes people have a typo in their email field, so they never receive a confirmation (auto response) after filling out the form. Is it possible to see these bounced emails, so that I can try to contact these people through different means, i.e. telephone to get their correct email address?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 31, 2011 at 08:38 AM
The bounce messages are sent back to our server. It is not possible to send them to the Reply-to address you set on the Email Alerts.
- swingcheeseAnswered on January 31, 2011 at 09:52 AM
So there is no way I can see which emails bounced? That's not so good because people will think they signed up and not get a confirmation - and I won't know until I try to send them an email that then bounces too. There must be a way that you guys can set up some kind of alert for bounced messages, no?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 01, 2011 at 06:04 AM
It might be possible to process bounce messages and forward messages. We will consider implementing this if there are similar requests from many users. Thanks.
- scoutfittersAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 07:14 PM
Ooo yes please!
I would love this feature. I like how if we process payments, the form registers the item as pending. It'd be helpful to require email confirmation in the same way and have it pending too.
- jssharmaAnswered on June 25, 2013 at 03:32 PM
I also am interested in this feature