- lperrina17Asked on October 25, 2017 at 06:16 PM
Hi, I have an issue with a recent adjustment made to my form "order form". Someone from jotform helped me add a pick up and delivery option to the form, but I am now missing the promo code option. I really need to add in a promo code option
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 25, 2017 at 09:15 PM
We can help you adding the code to your form, may you please provide us details about it or an example?
You may provide us some codes that will be applied to the form and the amount you want to discount, we will provide you with the steps to implement it to your form.
Looking forward to your response.
- lperrina17Answered on October 25, 2017 at 10:43 PMI am familiar with promo codes on jotform. However, when the delivery
options were changed, the promo codr options were removed. If you look at
my form, I think it will make more sense.
The form is called "order form"
I need to be able to offer my customers many different discount codes and
still be able to offer 1. free pick up option and $9 delivery option.
Somr examples of prior promo codes are 10% off your order, free shipping,
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on October 26, 2017 at 03:44 AM
I see that you are using regular fields as your products and passing the total to the payment field.
I checked your form but I could not find any conditions or fields related to the promo code.
Anyway, I believe this is doable with conditions and by separating the amount, discount and the final total field.
Here's a demo of a cloned version of your form: https://form.jotform.com/72981772866979
Enter 10OFF in promo code to get 10% discount
I have revealed the hidden fields for testing purposes.
Feel free to clone this form so you can check and make further adjustments. Guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/28-Cloning-a-Form-from-a-Web-Page
- lperrina17Answered on October 26, 2017 at 09:43 AMIm not sure this worked right? which fields are hidden?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 26, 2017 at 11:16 AM
The sample form my colleague provided does not have any hidden field, but you may hide any fields if you want, for example, you could hide those fields that perform the calculations and you just show the total amount:
I hope this helps.
- lperrina17Answered on October 26, 2017 at 11:43 AMThis will work. Can you apply this to my form ?
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on October 26, 2017 at 01:09 PM
You can clone the form that Elton provided:
The URL is:
If you require a step by step guide to do it manually:
1. Add two short text entries ( Promo Code, discount ) And one form calculation widget ( total ).
2. Add a calculation condition for the Promo Code to look like this:
*Only here it should be 0.9 instead of 0.1 for a 10% reduction!
3. For the calculation widget click on the wizard ( magic wand icon ). Then setup your total to calculate like this:
4. Then you have to set your total as the get price form value in your payment integration.
5. Finally you can hide fields that the customer doesn't need to see. They will continue to work in the background.