- carlbanksAsked on September 10, 2012 at 08:04 AM
I have a problem with email alerts where if i send a test notification email it will go to the email address which is set up in the account settings instead of the recipient email address.
I've tried various suggestions previously mentioned on other threads but to no avail.
Please can someone help!
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on September 10, 2012 at 09:35 AM
I have tried to reproduce the problem without success. When I change the recipient e-mail, the notification is sent to the updated address. Please try deleting the notification and creating a new notification to see if that helps. Let us know if that fixed the issue!
- carlbanksAnswered on September 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM
I have tried deleting the notification and creating a new one yet it still sends the alert to the account holder email - not the recipient email address. I really can't work it out!
- pinoytechAnswered on September 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Have you tried already deleting your browser cache and cookies after creating a new notification? If not, please give a try.
- carlbanksAnswered on September 11, 2012 at 09:55 AM
Thanks - I've just tried that and it still doesn't work. No matter what email address I put as the recipient it will just send it to the account holder's email.
I realy don't understand, it should just work!! Arrgghh
Please offer any other suggestions
- AtacanCAnswered on September 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Carl, as far as i know, if you hit the Test Email button system will send the test email to account holder's email address. It has been changed to prevent spam. May i suggest you to do the test on your actual form? We can delete the submission from your count.
Please do let us know after you have done your test.
- carlbanksAnswered on September 12, 2012 at 05:09 AM
Aha! That seems to have done it. Before I was always using the test email and getting the same response. I never actually tried it on the actual form.
Thanks for your quick and effective response on this.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 12, 2012 at 05:52 AM
To clarify, the Test button in the email notification will always send it to the JotForm account holder.
The actual form, when submitted in actual, will then send the email to the email address in the Recipient E-mail box.
We are glad to know that this is all sorted now.
Thank you for using our service.
- josecanelasAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 05:14 PM
This is not working for me.
I have setup a different email in the recipent email and directly in the website its me that always get the subsmission, not the email that i have add it.
- ekonomicalAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 05:37 PM
I am having exactly the same issue from the live form as well
- fxrAnswered on September 18, 2012 at 06:32 PM
Please open a new thread for your issue and provide a link or the name of your form and we will take a look into what may be going wrong on your form.