Why mandatory field is not working?

  • Profile Image
    tutuprat
    Asked on October 30, 2017 at 01:37 AM

    Hello, I'm having some issues with the following form

    https://form.jotform.co/72968097409876

    People are required to select a day to book an appointment and then the times available for that day display.

    All fields should be mandatory, but we're getting some submissions without a selected time. I've checked the form and all fields are set as mandatory.

    Could you please have a look and check what could be causing the problem.

     

    Cheers!

     

  • Profile Image
    Nik_C
    Answered on October 30, 2017 at 04:59 AM

    I checked your submissions and found two submissions with missing time:

    1) 3848268674326015709

    2) 3849637700812671315

    Do you know by any chance from which Browsers those submissions were submitted?

    It might happen that the JavaScript was disabled so it prevented the working of the widget.

    We'll wait for your response.

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    tutuprat
    Answered on October 30, 2017 at 06:43 PM
    Hi, Thanks for your quick response.
    No I don’t know which browser people has been using.
    Cheers,
    Maria Prat
    Communications Designer
    M 0415 262 883 // P 02 9280 3162
    www.sierramarketing.com.au 
    * Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
    The information in this email is confidential and may be privileged or subject to copyright. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not an addressee, please do not copy, distribute or otherwise act on the email. If you have received the email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the email. The unauthorized use of this email may result in liability for breach of confidentiality, privilege or copyright.
    ...
  • Profile Image
    Mike
    Answered on October 30, 2017 at 10:22 PM

    The required field validation and form conditions are based on a Javascript language that is being processed locally by user's browser. So in theory, the issue could be related to some problems with a browser that is used by the end user.

    You may add a hidden field to collect basic browser information:

    How to Catch User's Browser Info

    This may help in our troubleshooting.