- geauxlafeteAsked on October 31, 2017 at 05:47 PM
We have 7 forms that require payment and there are duplicate submissions in some of these forms. If I delete these duplicates will they also cancel the payments. For example under Submissions: Talent After Dark Registration Fee we have multiple submissions for a few people - some up to 4 times. In fact, my name is submitted twice and I did not register on this form. I need to get ALL of these issues resolved ASAP so those people are not charged. Also, I had two of my accounts merged a few weeks ago - could this be the cause?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on October 31, 2017 at 10:19 PM
Did you receive multiple payments or just a single one for each duplicate?
As far as I know, even if you delete the submission, the payment was already made to the payment processor. If you are not yet sure, then I suggest to just leave it for now. You can prevent this from happening again by following the suggestions below:
1. You can set a Unique Submission in your form. This will prevent multiple submissions from the same IP or same browser. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/64-How-to-Set-Unique-Submissions-on-a-Form.
2. You may also set a Unique Question so that the same value entered in the field will not be allowed to submit anymore. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/223-How-to-set-Form-Limits-Based-on-a-Unique-Question.
3. Insert a Captcha field in your form. This will prevent automatic submission in your form.
Also, I had two of my accounts merged a few weeks ago - could this be the cause?
Once we transfer forms from one account to another, the submissions are included. However, this is considered as a separate form. It means that the submissions will not be merged. Unless you use the import tool app or combine submissions app.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- geauxlafeteAnswered on November 07, 2017 at 08:51 PM
So far no one has said they have a duplicate charge so this may just be a glitch. I'll keep this information for next year. Thank you!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 08, 2017 at 12:59 AM
You're right, I can see the duplicate submissions in your form submissions page.
However, the product data shows no payer's information which usually means there were no payments made. Please confirm that in your Paypal account.
I also made a test submission in your form and the form redirects to Paypal as expected. This means the form is working just fine.
Is it possible that these were incomplete payments and you have marked them as complete?
By the way, deleting the submissions data will not cause any cancellation of the payment. It will only delete the submissions data and nothing else.