- modernpilgrimAsked on November 02, 2017 at 02:22 PM
I very much want to insert page breaks throughout my form - and I found a instruction on your site regarding page breaks but the problem is that i can't see that element in the menu bar on the left. I can't see anything below Star Rating which seems to suggest can't scroll down far enough. Any suggestions?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on November 02, 2017 at 02:53 PM
The "Page Break" fields are available only in the "All question in one page" form layout:
Let us know if you have more questions, we will be glad to assist you.
- modernpilgrimAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 10:43 AMThank you for your help with creating page breaks.
I have a new problem, however. When I switch to All Questions in One Page
and the preview mode, it appears now that I then lose all the additional
description text under the questions, which provides vital explanation for
the people filling out the form.
Is this something that can be corrected? I'd very much like my clients to
see both the description text and to view the document with page breaks
rather than one question at a time (which seems like it could be quite
Thank you very much for your assistance,
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Can you provide us which text are you are referring to? I have cloned your form and updated the Form Layout of my cloned form and it seems that the form texts are displayed properly.
If you can attach a screenshot of the texts then that would be great. To attach a screenshot on this thread, just follow the instruction provided in this article: How to Post Screenshots to Our Support Forum.
- modernpilgrimAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 04:43 PMThank you for getting back to me so quickly.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 08:12 PM
I assumed that the issue is now resolved. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
- modernpilgrimAnswered on November 07, 2017 at 04:43 PMHello-
The issue has not been resolved. This is the ongoing issue:
When I use the View All Questions on One Page format, it seems that the
user doesn't see the description below the question itself;
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on November 07, 2017 at 05:00 PM
What is the form in question? I have checked the two forms you have in your account, and they do not have any text below each question.
We would appreciate if you could also share a screenshot to illustrate what you mean: https://www.jotform.com/help/438-How-to-Post-Screenshots-to-Our-Support-Forum
- modernpilgrimAnswered on November 08, 2017 at 03:43 PMThroughout the document there are several examples of questions with
descriptions below them. Please see attached for two examples. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on November 08, 2017 at 04:45 PM
I see what you mean, you are referring to the Description option each field has in the "Single Question in one page" form layout:
Unfortunately, the "All question in one page" form layout does not have the exact option, instead, there is an option called "Sub label", which is also meant to include a short description:
In theory, the description should be passed to the sub-label option when you switch layouts. I have forwarded this concern to our back-end team, you will be notified via this thread about any updates.
- modernpilgrimAnswered on November 10, 2017 at 02:43 PMHi-
Thanks so much for your help so far. I'm wondering if there are any
updates? I was really hoping to launch this form but I'm frustratingly at
a stand still as a result of this problem.
I'm sorry to be so insistent but I just can't afford to lose the
Description content. I can't imagine I'm the only person who would want the
Description text to automatically populate the Sub-label... and
alternately, I expect that the form would be incredibly off-putting to
users as a question-by-question experience.
Please send help STAT!
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on November 10, 2017 at 03:02 PM
Hello Katie - I totally understand the urgency so no need to apologize for following up. 😊
Your thread is already assigned to one of our Developers. Although we won't be able to give you any timeframe, rest assured, we'll keep you apprised on this same thread when there's an update as promised. Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation and sorry for the inconvenience.
- JotForm DeveloperScottAnswered on November 28, 2017 at 11:53 AM
The Description text for the one question layout translates to the all questions layout as the Hover Text.
Since you are able to switch the form layout anytime you want, we took the liberty to plan this switch as stated above.
Please let us know if you have any questions,