- SmavisAsked on November 02, 2017 at 05:34 PM
Please help! I don't know why I am getting this message (Login failed - AUTOSUSPENDED) and how do I fix it?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 02, 2017 at 06:19 PM
The reason is that you built a form to request sensitive information (social security number)
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 02, 2017 at 06:24 PM
I have removed the guilty fields in order to reactivate your account.
Please be aware that online form builders, including JotForm have been used for identity theft in the past.
We go to great lengths to prevent this. That is why SSNs are considered as a Phishing activity as stated in our Terms
Therefore, when you do request SSN, our automated phishing detector will flag the form(s) and suspend the account or this will be manually performed by our Staff, if your account is on paid status, you should get a notification about it.
However, there are exceptions, here are some examples of businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
-Real estate purchases
-Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
If your purpose is not to collect SSN from the general public, but from your own customers; if your business is among the list above and if you follow the recommendations; then you need to comply with two things.
2. Add a signature widget where your users sign and agree to provide such sensitive information.
3. If possible, change the email address on your profile to one that shows your business domain rather than the AOL address you currently show.