- kmachamerAsked on November 03, 2017 at 08:03 AM
We are working on a very tight deadline and hope to receive a response very quickly. We created 3 applications through JotForm. Applications were setup so an applicant can attachment documents to their application through the 'file upload' feature. We are trying to view attachments that have been submitted with the applications and are receiving the following message for several of them:
Can you explain this please??
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on November 03, 2017 at 09:40 AM
The issue seems to be caused by the file name with a comma and the links are being displayed broken. The actual link of the file uploaded is as below:
I was able to download the file with this link without any issue. I notice that this submission has all the files with the comma which may be causing the broken links. You may add the broken file name to the link to download the file correctly. Alternatively, you may ask the user to submit the files again after renaming the filenames.
Please make sure that the users are uploading the files without any spaces in the file name.
Hope this information helps! Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.
- kmachamerAnswered on November 03, 2017 at 10:43 AMI’m still not able to open the attachment using the link you provided. And my question would be, why doesn’t your system alert the applicant if their file name is incorrect? Why would the system allow for a file to be uploaded but not be able to be viewed? I would think that when trying to upload a document with an incorrect file name, the system would give an error message (similar to what Word or Excel does).
Charter School Specialists
Education Programs Assistant
40 Hill Road South
Pickerington, Ohio 43147
614.837.8945 ext. 17
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on November 03, 2017 at 01:40 PM
Thank you for contacting us and apologies for any inconveniences caused. I created the same scenario in my account by using an upload element and uploaded the same file with the same naming and I could not replicate the same. I was able to download the file with the same naming pattern.
From further analysis I have noted that this issue is related to this specific submission and I would like to escalate it to level 2 for further analysis and resolution. We will update you on this thread once the issue is resolved.
In the meanwhile to download the files, kindly use the links:
https://files.jotform.com/jufs/kmachamer/71914315090148/3847515675412670398/Kuhlenbeck, Laura 1.docx
- JotForm DeveloperonurAnswered on December 21, 2017 at 08:27 AM
I've cloned your form and tried uploading some files including comma in it and all worked OK. There should be some enhancements in those areas.
I assume this has been fixed.
Please make contact us if you face any trouble,