- squeakycleanhouseAsked on September 11, 2012 at 02:26 PM
I can't seem to figure out why I am getting this error.
I have added my API token and username, unless I have one of these wrong.
Is there not a way to test the connection without having to submit a real transaction?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 11, 2012 at 02:40 PM
You must enter an API Login ID (not your account login) to the Authorize.Net integration wizard.
Kindly follow the steps in the link below to generate an API Login ID:
Please keep us posted on your results.
- squeakycleanhouseAnswered on September 11, 2012 at 04:46 PM
Now it is saying this. My form does not have any subscriptions and my auth.net account should be able to accept both too.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 11, 2012 at 04:52 PM
That's because you have Recurring Billing set as required in your Authorize.Net account, but the payment module on your form does not have any subscriptions.
To change the FIELD value (Recurring Billing) to NOT REQUIRED:
1. Login to the Merchant Interface ( https://secure.authorize.net )
2. Click on Settings and Profile -> Payment Form -> Form Fields
3. Uncheck the Required box for the particular FIELD.
Hope this helps.