- TBSEAsked on November 06, 2017 at 09:11 AM
In my Ticket Order Form JotForm (https://form.jotform.me/71783263323456), I had it programmed so that when a user enters a dollar amount into the "Total Price - Include Convenience Fees" section, the software would automatically take out 15% and populate the total into the "Total Price" box, where that price would be paid when credit card information is submitted.
Can you give me the step-by-step features to add that back, including what I have to place in the Settings / Conditions section?
I don't know what happened as I didn't change any text.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 10:36 AM
I added the calculation in your form. Is this what you want?
It was actually very easy,
1. Open the calculation wizard in the field Total Price Less 15%
2. In the calculation wizard, add the field Total Price - Include Convenience Fees and multiply it by .15 the decimal equivalent of 15%
Here's a visual guide:
Is this correct? If not, you can always adjust the formula accordingly.
- TBSEAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 10:22 PM
It is, thanks. I remember the thread before and could not locate the instructions.
Do you know why it disappeared?
- TBSEAnswered on November 06, 2017 at 10:36 PM
It's not right, make it ".85" which will take 15% off of the total price number entered.
Also, what information did I need to place "Conditions" section, as when I tried to change the calculations, nothing worked.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on November 07, 2017 at 04:13 AM
You should not perform a calculation and pass the result to the same field. It will create a loop and the calculation will not be correct.
You also do not have to use condition to perform a calculation. You can use only Form Calculation widget.
If you want to show total price with 15% off inside of the '15% Off' field, set your calcification like this.
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/73102021951947
Feel free to test it and clone it.
To can check all thread that you previously posted, by click on 'My Questions' button on our forum.
You can also use this link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/user_threads.php?username=TBSE
Let us know if you need further assistance.