- crosspoint1Asked on November 07, 2017 at 08:36 PM
We would like to attach the uploaded form to the AutoResponder email. Submitter uploads a document then Submitter receives an email receipt with the uploaded document attached. I see this was requested in July 2016 - any update? If not, I would also request this feature.
This is a re-post of a comment on New Feature: Get Uploaded Files as Email Attachments
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 07, 2017 at 10:34 PM
Unfortunately, this option is not available on autoresponders. Instead, what they can get are the default links of the uploaded files, which once they click, they will be prompted for a download.
- crosspoint1Answered on November 08, 2017 at 02:56 PM
(1) Will the link of the PDF be accessible to anyone on the web? If the upload contains financial information - can others find the document?
(2) How will we delete or remove the PDF if we no longer want the document to be accessible?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on November 08, 2017 at 04:20 PM
The PDF file attached to Autoresponder/Notifier will be available only to persons receiving such emails.
If you attached the PDF to Autoresponder, for your users to receive, you can remove it from Settings-Autoresponder:
If I didn't misunderstand your question?
- crosspoint1Answered on November 09, 2017 at 04:53 PM
I'm asking about documents uploaded by the Submitter. Will the pdf link sent to the submitter always be active?
1) Submitter uploads a document
2) Submitter receives an email with a pdf link to the uploaded document
3) 3 years later, will the pdf link to the uploaded document still be active?
Where is the uploaded document stored? What is it's retention time? How can we remove it from being accessible.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on November 09, 2017 at 06:17 PM
Yes it will be active as long as the submission remains in your account. On regards of the links to the uploaded documents, they will be active as long as the submission is not deleted, and as long as it does not reached the download limit.
Number of times a user can download files stored in the account:
Small files - less than 10 MB = 100 times.
Large files - More than 10 MB = 10 times.
So, all documents and data are stored in our servers, the retention time depends on the two factors I just mentioned(if submission has not been deleted, and if the document has not reached its downloads limit), and they can be remove from being accessible to others by:
1) Deleting the submission.
2) Setting up the restriction to make the files downloadable only if the person who attempts to download the files is logged in to your account: https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/settings
Let us know if you have more questions, we will be glad to assist you.