- CEOGlobalAsked on November 08, 2017 at 08:54 PM
Suppose a user completes and submits the form January 1. A Thank You is supplied and the first of 3 autoresponders is sent immediately. The other 2 autoresponders are scheduled for a later date, suppose May 1, and June 1.
Can I, on Jan 25, create an additional autoresponder that will also be sent to all form submitters, assuming I schedule the autoresponder with an appropriate later date, suppose March 1? Will it still go out to all those who submitted their form on January 1?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 08, 2017 at 09:50 PM
Unfortunately, that will not be possible. Upon the submission of the form, that's the only time it triggers the alerts and sets them on schedule. Thus, the ones you add right after the submission will not be included in the scheduled email alerts anymore.
Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions.
- CEOGlobalAnswered on November 09, 2017 at 12:39 PM
Thanks for explaining. Suppose a submission is edited. What happens then to the autoresponders that are scheduled? And what about an autoresponder created between the time the form was initially submitted and the time it was edited and resubmitted?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 09, 2017 at 02:13 PM
I am currently testing the scenario you mentioned. Although it will take at least one day to test scheduled email, the best way to confirm is to try the scenario above.
Although, with my previous experience in scheduled emails, the answers to your questions will be:
Suppose a submission is edited. What happens then to the autoresponders that are scheduled?
- There will be 2 scheduled emails that will be received - one for when the submission was first submitted and one for when it was edited.
And what about an autoresponder created between the time the form was initially submitted and the time it was edited and resubmitted?
- There will be one scheduled email for when the submission was edited.
But then again, the best way to confirm is to test as the feature might have changed.
- CEOGlobalAnswered on November 13, 2017 at 08:34 PM
Hi, Did your test demonstrate anything that might help answer my question? Thanks.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 13, 2017 at 11:27 PM
We have not received information from Chriistian. Let me check with him with the updates on this matter.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on November 14, 2017 at 09:11 AM
I checked my test emails and based on my testing, the initially answers I have given above seem to be the cases that happen when you encounter the scenarios you mentioned.