- nanstondentalAsked on February 02, 2011 at 06:33 AM
Each line of my form now shows as a bulleted list. Also, the fields I have formatted to be hidden and only appear under certain conditions are automatically being shown (without those conditions being met).
Please review this form for an example:
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 07:00 AM
Thanks for your patience.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 07:03 AM
Can you let me know which type and version of browser are you using? We cannot re-create this problem on the browser type/version you used to make this forum post.
- nanstondentalAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 07:07 AM
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 07:33 AM
It looks like the problem was not Chrome 5. Because we tested Chrome 5. I think you are connecting using a proxy which does not support gzip encoding.
We implemented a solution now. Can you try your form and let us know if the problem is resolved on your end?
- nanstondentalAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 07:39 AM
It still is not resolved.
I also just upgraded to IE 8.0, went into one of the forms and re-saved it. I'm not sure if that would help the effort any. It didn't (yet) but I figured it was worth a try.
- nanstondentalAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 08:02 AM
Does not work. Error = 'navigator is undefined'
Source: Microsoft JScript runtime error
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 08:06 AM
Which one does not work? I have two URLs above. Did you try both?
Can you try the URL on the same browser you have this problem? I think you tried this on Internet Explorer, not on Chrome.
- nanstondentalAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 08:09 AM
I can not access the first link from Chrome 5.0. It says the link is broken.
I can view the 2nd link in Chrome and I'm able to view the code.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 08:37 AM
It is a DNS problem. It should be fixed now.
- nanstondentalAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 08:47 AM
I am finding that the forms are viewed correctly (no bullets and lines are hidden properly) in Chrome 5.0 but in IE 8.0 all the lines are bulleted and the hidden lines still are not functioning properly.
- serkanAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 09:12 AM
Please try it now.
- nanstondentalAnswered on February 02, 2011 at 09:15 AM
Fixed! Thank you!!!
- gvilcinsAnswered on February 03, 2011 at 03:28 PM
I'm having a similar issue using IE8 (8.0.6001.18702).
Each question now has a bullet and the checkboxes/radio buttons do not break.
Firefox (3.6.13) works fine.
Is it possibly a problem with the clearfix CSS tag?
- gvilcinsAnswered on February 03, 2011 at 05:10 PM
As a temp fix, went back to using:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" target="_blank" href="http://www.jotform.com/css/styles/form.css?v3.1.97"/>
- KelliWardAnswered on February 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM
I'm having this same issue, but I'm copying the full source code and placing it in an HTML page in Dreamweaver. Everything is bulleted.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 23, 2011 at 07:07 AM
The bullet problem happens when the form missed the CSS file. Make sure that the CSS include line is not missing in the code.
- MichelleAnswered on March 15, 2011 at 08:43 AM
I'm having the bullet problem for my forms in IE8. Working fine in Firefox but showing as bulleted list. I'm not using the source code but I'm using the embed iframe linky. Happening to 3 sites.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 15, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Please post your question on a new thread and include details such as your websites' URLs. Thank you.
- MichelleAnswered on March 15, 2011 at 05:46 PM
Thanks, but strangely enough the bullets have all vanished today. Maybe it was something to do with the browser session. I'll keep an eye on it.
- allanftdAnswered on April 15, 2011 at 03:15 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience. I tried accessing your form in IE8 but I did not get any bullet points. Please see below:
Please clear your cache and refresh the page once again. Let us know how it goes this time.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- MichelleAnswered on April 16, 2011 at 07:54 AM
When I first viewed ceanders form in Firefox 4.0 it was showing bullets then I revisited and they vanished. No bullets in IE8.
My problem spontaneously fixed itself. I think sometimes the CSS just doesn't load or something.??
- allanftdAnswered on April 16, 2011 at 09:03 AM
Thanks for sharing your observations. I really find this intriguing because so far it's been elusive at least on my part. I tried opening the form again today using Firefox and IE8 using another computer but I found no bullets at all.
If you happen to have a form that has bullet points in it, could you please provide the URL and a screenshot so that we can investigate it further. Thank you for your help.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 16, 2011 at 01:24 PM
When the bullets appeared on your form, are you viewing your form as stand-alone (ie, http://www.jotform.com/form/11040409298 ), or did you have it embedded in another website?
It is weird because the form's css files define list-style as "none" (if it is not defined, it defaults to bullets). If the bullets are showing on the stand-alone form, it maybe possible that your browser is having problems downloading the CSS files for the form.
In any case, would you mind sharing a screenshot for your form?
- ActionScriptAnswered on August 24, 2011 at 02:07 PM
Try to change https:// -> http:// so it is without (s) = secure .... should works better.
- allanftdAnswered on August 25, 2011 at 01:53 AM
@ActionScript (and everyone concerned),
You may also try using the domain http://www.jotform.com/ instead of the default http://form.jotform.com to resolve this issue.
Hope this helps.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on August 25, 2011 at 03:44 AM
ActionScript: This problem is now fully resolved.
Yesterday we released a new major version for our deployment system. This will allow us to improve the speed in which we can develop new features and fix existing bugs. The new version runs the deployment processes and tests in parallel. So, we can do releases in half a minute as oppose to 5 minutes previously.
As a part of the new release there were changes on location of some of the CDN files. It turns out some CSS/JS files on SSL version had incorrect links. This is now fixed.
Thank you for your patience with us.