- educativaAsked on November 11, 2017 at 01:20 PMHi,
I am having the same exact problem. We migrated to Dynamics 365 online one of the reasons being that we could integrate Jotform via Flow easier. As it seems at the moment, we cannot do that because there is no trigger registered by Flow.
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on November 11, 2017 at 01:31 PM
I was able to replicate this issue when testing the issue.Submission of the form doesn't trigger on Microsoft Flow's side.
I will forward this issue to our backend team for further investigation and we will inform you further through this thread.
- JotForm SupportryanAnswered on November 14, 2017 at 11:00 PM
We have already fixed the issue.
Could you please create a test flow and run a submission tests. And let us know if it works.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
- educativaAnswered on November 15, 2017 at 02:03 AM
Thank you for investigating it further and for the fix. I checked it now and it works for a very simple flow.
- viresgAnswered on November 19, 2017 at 06:56 AM
In my case is still not working
1) I've create this very simple jot form
2) I've create a very simple MS Flow to send me and email notification after every submission
And the Ms flow is not being triggered
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 19, 2017 at 07:39 AM
Thanks for reporting. We will answer your question in a separate thread here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1302474. We'll be on it shortly.